Anomera is an innovator in green chemistry, materials science, and sustainable manufacturing. We are a leader in the development of naturally sourced ingredients for cosmetics. Our company balances innovations for beauty and skin care with environmental and social responsibility.
The company converts raw materials from non-GMO, Forest Stewardship Certified cellulose into a proprietary, biodegradable, cellulose platform, specifically crafted with wide-ranging new benefits for cosmetics and skin care. Anomera is also working towards implementing its technology in a range of other applications, such as cement/concrete, paints and coatings, and various composite materials.
Job Description Overview:
Anomera seeks a Research Assistant. Under the direction of the Director of Product Development at Anomera, the Research Assistant has a primary responsibility of supporting new product development and analysis. This position will contribute to multiple projects within the prototyping laboratory. The position invites an individual who can provide technical input and who can work strategically in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment.
This position requires a creative individual with a passion for technical learning and curiosity. A successful Research Assistant at Anomera is action-oriented, well organized, and able to handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The position also requires interaction with individuals from a variety of functional and cultural backgrounds.
- Assist in day-to-day operations at Anomera’s prototyping laboratory
- Assist in development, synthesis, and evaluation of new products based on Anomera’s innovative materials
- Work with sophisticated analytical instrumentation
- Produce, analyze and characterize product samples
- Document and update findings in electronic notebook
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Present oral and written reports to colleagues
- Keep current with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Product Development
- Excellent analytical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Must have a sense of urgency and be deadline-oriented
- Demonstrates attention to detail/organizational skills
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- BSc or MSc in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related area
- Laboratory and/or process scale-up experience
- Experience with working with nanomaterials strongly preferred
- Must be able to travel to the US and Europe
- Must be eligible to work in Canada or eligible for a work permit
Anomera fosters an environment which values accessibility, equal opportunity and is inclusive to ensure employees feel respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and encourage persons with disabilities and visible minorities to apply.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume/LinkedIn profile to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Anomera thanks you for your interest. We will only be able to respond to selected candidates.