Anomera is an innovator in green chemistry, materials science, and sustainable manufacturing. We are a leader in the development of naturally sourced ingredients for cosmetics. Our company balances innovations for beauty and skin care with environmental and social responsibility.
The company converts raw materials from non-GMO, Forest Stewardship Certified cellulose into a proprietary, biodegradable, cellulose platform, specifically crafted with wide-ranging new benefits for cosmetics and skin care.
Job Description Overview:
Anomera seeks a Research Scientist. Under the direction of Lead Research Scientist at Anomera, the Research Scientist has a primary responsibility of development and optimization of new products for various applications. This position will contribute to multiple projects within the prototyping laboratory. The position invites an individual who can provide technical input and who can work strategically in an interdisciplinary and collaborative environment.
This position requires a creative individual with a passion for technical learning and curiosity. A successful Research Scientist at Anomera is action-oriented, well organized, and able to handle changing priorities in a fast-paced environment. The position also requires interaction with individuals from a variety of functional and cultural backgrounds.
- Assist in day-to-day operations at Anomera’s prototyping laboratory
- Assist in development, synthesis, and evaluation of new products based on Anomera’s innovative materials
- Assist in scale-up and optimization of bench scale processes
- Analyze and characterize samples
- Exploring new applications for Anomera’s range of products
- Document and update findings in electronic notebook
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Present oral and written reports to colleagues
- Keep current with relevant scientific and technical developments
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Research Scientist
Desired Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
- Excellent analytical thinking skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Must have a sense of urgency and be deadline-oriented
- Demonstrates efficient project planning and attention to detail
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Research experience working with nanomaterials (preferentially nanocellulose)
- Research experience working with dyes and pigments
- Research experience working with CASE (Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants, Elastomers) and/or polymer science
- Experience scaling up products from bench to industrial scale
- MSc or PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related area
- Must be able to travel to the US and Europe
- Must be eligible to work in Canada or eligible for a work permit
Anomera fosters an environment, which values accessibility, equal opportunity and is inclusive to ensure employees feel respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and encourage persons with disabilities and visible minorities to apply.
Please send Cover Letter and Resume/LinkedIn profile to: email@example.com
Anomera thanks you for your interest. We will only be able to contact selected candidates.